Sunday, September 5, 2010

Author back in Oklahoma

Just a brief not to say that I'll be out of town next week. The estate sale to sell all of Jim's keepsakes was this weekend. So I'm going home to assess the damage. The estate sale ladies say they'll get rid of the rest and leave me with an empty house. Sarah and I were thinking about moving back to Oklahoma - the house overlooks a lake and Jim's neighbors are really great - but we decided to stay in Colorado. I won't be able to go hiking in the mountains much longer but it's still beautiful country. And my best friend from childhood said. "If you want to live in Oklahoma okay, but don't live in your mother's house!" That's probably good advice. I have a cousin who actually bought a house to keep our grandmother's stuff in. That actually sounds like a good idea to me. I could go over there and sit, and remember, but some how that seems pathological. I'm bad enough as it is, so I intend to talk to a contractor about fixing up the house so it's more appealing to the eye, and then go ahead and sell it. It's not going to be easy.
I'm going out this afternoon to buy an air mattress so I can sleep on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment